Oktoberfest is a beer festival held each year in Munich from late September to early October. The beer festival is world famous and people worldwide come to Munich to join the festival. Visitors sit together on tables drinking large beers and eating traditional food like pork, sausages and pancakes.
Beer Serving Hours:
– Weekdays: 10.00 – 22.30
– Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: 9.00 – 22.30
– Closing hour 23.30
– Käfers Wiesnschänke and ‘Weinzelt’ are open until 01.00
Fairground attractions & sideshows
– Monday – Thursday 10.00 – 23.30
– Friday, Saturday 10.00 – 00.00
– Sunday 10.00 – 23.30
The Oktoberfest is held at Theresienwiese, a open space of 420.000 square metres. The area has its own metro station: Theresienwiese. Distance from Central Station to Theresienwiese is about 1 km.
Visitors must book in time a hotel because the Oktoberfest attracts millions of people. Keep in mind that the hotel prices in Munich will be much higher at the time of the Oktoberfest. A few properties nearby the beer festival at Theresienwiese.
– Hotel Munich City more than 5045 reviews (7.3)
– Atlas City Hotel more than 4130 reviews (6.7)
– Best Western Atrium Hotel more than 2350 reviews (7.5)
– Hotel Seibel more than 1160 reviews (7.3)
.- Four Points by Sheraton München Central more than 555 reviews (8.2)
– GHOTEL Hotel more than 550 reviews (8.0)